Friday, January 21, 2011

YouTube Haters

Well, let's see how this goes. 

I plan to use this as a way for me to get my thoughts out of my head, since I seem to be running out of room up there, anyway. I find myself constantly curious and observing the world around me.



**Thoughts for today: Haters on YouTube and any other social networking site.
I am always wondering who these people are.
You know the ones I'm talking about.
You might even be an example of who I am talking about.
Call me a prude, but since when did f*** become a normal and acceptable public response? To anything?
I personally try not to say it (can't say never, but it's not in my everyday vocabulary).
I realize that every home is different. 
I know what words are used on/in front of children these days; I'm not naive or ignorant.
BUT WHO MADE THIS NORMAL?
You can watch a 10 second video about a kitten rolling over and being adorable. (Maybe you don't like cats, so think of a puppy). 
WITHOUT FAIL someone will respond with a 'This is f***in retarded'.


WHOA. 


I'm sorry.
Who died and made you emperor of the universe?
I certainly didn't mean to offend you with my kitten, your majesty!


Here's a hint:
If you don't LIKE the content in the title, don't WATCH it, and certainly don't comment.
The only reason people can respond that way is because they KNOW no one really knows who he/she is, therefore, they can't get punched in the mouth or spanked by their parents (we all know there are little kids on there trying out their new vocabulary).


Is there no such thing as general respect anymore? Common courtesy?
I'm a you-tuber (I'm making that a word). I post videos. I read my comments. I watch videos. I comment on videos.
But I can't get over the fact that curse words have replaced common courtesy.


How about the comments about people being ugly?
Talk about issues, right there.
Have you ever stopped and thought that maybe not everyone was put on this earth for you to lust after?
There are exceptionally beautiful people. There are those who are not as blessed in the physical department. And there are those somewhere in the middle of the spectrum.
Do you think it makes you sound like you're hotter if you call someone ugly? Because it doesn't.
Honestly, it makes you sound like your ego has so many holes that you put others down because you can't patch yours up fast enough, so you have to take as many others down with you that you can.
Grow. Up.


We have become a society where we can cower behind our online personalities, where we can be as mean and nasty as we want without suffering any repercussions. Do you think there is another reason? Do you think I am wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment