Sunday, July 17, 2011

Prayers for a BIG Adventure

One of my very best friends, Laura, recently embarked on one of the bravest adventures I've ever known someone to do; she moved to another country by herself to teach English. Not just any country, either: Korea.



Can I say "Wow"? I never thought that someone could move to a foreign country of a different language without any family or friends moving with her. The idea just sounds terrifying to me. Granted, she does have friends who live in Korea, but it's not so likely that she will be near them or get to see them much. Laura has a a personality that is just so inviting, she has befriended international students from all over the world.  But moving to the other side of the world into a different culture, and different way of thinking and living? Not for the faint of heart.

She has been such a blessing in my life since I met her 5 years ago during freshmen orientation at our University. We knew we were both majoring in music and decided to become best friends right then and there.
Our first picture together. :) It was SO bright that day!

This is just such a huge step for any person to make and I just ask that my friends pray for her with me, that she have a blessed experience in Korea. She arrived just a few days ago, and I know that she is already making friends and blessing others with her love and compassion. She is currently attending a university to learn the Korean language for an intense couple of weeks, and then she'll be off on her own teaching English.

I can't express how proud of her that I am, or how selfish I feel for wanting her to come back so I won't be missing her, but God gave her a path, and she followed it without turning back. :)

Laura, Madison, and myself
Madison, Laura, myself (yes, with pink hair!)

Laura and I at her farewell dance party :)

She is such an amazing girl, and I'm so happy for her. Follow her updates through her blog, http://misslauritaliz.blogspot.com/ (the story of her dining hall faux-pas is quite hilarious). :)

2 comments:

  1. gumawoh, chingu (thank you, friend) <3 <3 <3 I love you and miss you, my dearest friend :) Thanks for the encouragement~ I can't wait to skype with you sometime soon ??? *^^*

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I kind of miss my blonde hair ^_~

    ReplyDelete