Thursday, July 28, 2011

What makes a Melody?

We are all different and unique, and that's what makes this world an amazing place to live in: no two people are exactly alike, not even twins!

I know I often write about things that I observe, but there are some things that I do that I don't understand, so have fun with this! This will be redundant for people really close to me, but hey, you might've forgot something? (Unless you're my sister).

1.) I'm obsessed with having clean ear canals. 
My sister knows this well, because I think we have the same problem. I clean my ears probably twice a day, and I'll bet my apartment runs out of Q-Tips faster than most family residences. It seriously bothers the heck out of me if I can feel earwax. I'm not afraid of it by any means, just can't stand it like I can't stand a runny nose.

2.) I cannot sleep without socks on.
Even in the heat of summer, I need socks on. My feet (and hands) get oddly cold while the rest of my body stays warm and toasty, and basically always need something to help insulate my toes. I am super skinny with low amounts of body fat so I don't have a natural insulation that keeps me toasty at night. It stinks.

3.) I claim to hate anime, but...
In sixth grade I used to get up a half hour earlier than I needed to because I wanted to watch Sailor Moon while eating breakfast. I'm pretty sure I missed the bus a few times because I spent more time watching her episodes than getting ready for school. What makes this especially weird is that I find Serena/Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon EXTREMELY annoying. She is such a whiny crybaby, but I couldn't wait to find out what happened next. I recently was reunited with the show this past year using Veoh.com, and discovered a whole other season that never aired in the U.S. because of it's controversial content. I now know that several characters had their genders changed in the English versions because there's a lot of exploration in homosexuality and transexual characters. Interesting, huh? It's not a kids show in Japan!
Not gonna lie, I want to be one of these characters for Halloween this year. (shhh...)
And, of course, my favorite make up guru Michelle Phan has a Sailor Moon make up tutorial (which could be used for any of the characters!)
To see her latest make up transformations, check out her website:

4.) I'm obsessed with high heels.
And I'm just about 5'10'' or 177.8 cm standing barefoot. Problem? For some. I'm no super model, but I did take some modeling classes which made me practice walking a runway in high heels. I love the way my legs look in them, it just also makes me a foot taller than half of the male and female population in Missouri. I get lots of funny looks when I wear them, and people ask me things like "Aren't you tall enough?" Well, yes, I guess technically I am. But you'll have to deal with it.

**Some shoes I designed (but can't afford yet!) on http://www.shoesofprey.com/designer. You can design shoes that will be hand created using only the best materials like Italian leather and silk, but keep in mind that top quality and hand sewn shoes are pricey!

5.) I'm more than a little obsessed with cats.
But I also have a conscience. Just because I see adoptable cats doesn't mean I'm going to take them all home with me. I do try to pet nearly every cat I see, but I have a policy that there needs to be a proper ratio of cats to humans in the house to make sure all are getting proper love and attention that they need. I think the ration is 2-3 pets per person. Since I live by myself, I have capped it at 2 cats, although I am trying to find homes for kittens at my boyfriend's farm and DESPERATELY want to keep one for myself! 
Kitten (Oreo) I recently rescued and found a good home for!
The little boy kitty I want to take home with me! He's such a fluffy sweetheart! Any ideas for a possible name?

5.) I'm left handed.
According to wikipedia, approximately 10% of the world's population is left handed. Which I think may be less, since many countries and people in general discourage it. When I volunteer with Chinese students and need to write something, a lot tell me "You write with the wrong hand!" Well, no, it's not wrong, but it's not right, either. It's left. :) The only downside is that the side of my hand often gets smeared in pencil lead and ink when I write a lot, so I'm glad that I've become a faster typer; no ink to worry about!

6.) I do not consume caffeinated beverages.
Technically many things I love have caffeine in them, like chocolate, but I do not like coffee, tea, soda pop, or energy drinks. I used to drink grape soda as a child, like when my parents took us to the laundromat,  but I pretended to like the burn because I liked grape flavored things. Now I don't even bother. I hate the way carbonation burns. So why don't I just drink coffee? Well, I think it smells amazing but tastes rather disgusting. My sister used to have a terrible Mountain Dew addiction, but switched it over to coffee, and now she and her husband started blogging about their coffee critiques. http://chybowskicoffeecritiques.blogspot.com/ I can't say I NEVER drink tea, because once in a blue moon I drink chai tea latte, but more for the soothing treatment of a sore throat or an overused singing voice rather than alertness or focus. I also like hot chocolate because it tastes amazing. Apparently there's caffeine, but I wouldn't know.

I thinks that's about all I have time for today. :) Maybe you learned something, maybe you didn't, and maybe you don't give a fryin' fish either way. :) God bless you and yours always. <3

1 comment: