Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Day vier in Deustchland!

Desperately trying to catch up and still not miss anything here! Okay, here's my fourth day, starting in Minden (May 26th):

I had a wonderful breakfast with my German family (Dirk, Andrea, and Silas), but all too soon it was time to say goodbye. We were given so much, and our gifts did not feel like enough. I ran around the house after getting dressed, trying to take pictures of everything so that I would not EVER be able to forget how everything looked.

My bedroom

I had a balcony door on the second floor! It kept my room so cool at night!

Amber on the beautiful staircase.

Amber's cozy quarters.

I loved the orange furniture!

Where we broke bread together.

I had to represent KC BBQ, and Amber got a wonderful book with pictures and stories of the Ozarks!

All too soon it was time to say good-bye! Andrea stayed behind.

If you can only imagine, there was LOTS of crying and hugging and singing (Dr. Webb kills me sometimes). It was so emotional I kept trying not to cry, therefore looking like some kind of Miss America pageant contestant.

Amber and I with Silas (who was still waking up at this point!)

The proud and handsome Dirk!

Myself with Sara's 16 year old twin in Minden, Sophia!

Silas wanted a picture with 'Sara Bareilles' :)

Auf Wiedersehen, Christuskirche! You will all be missed!

Unfortunately we were not able to mourn for long; we had a long day ahead of us. We found out Jimmy had had a seizure last night and his host family had taken him to a hospital, and it would be several hours before he was released. Lothar took us to Minden's monument on the hill, Denkmal des Großen Kurfürsten, which is of the Prussian ruler Frederick William, Elector of Brandenburg.

Got some great photos and views, and was even asked to partake in a bachelor party photo, though Aubrey and I had to decline the alcohol. It's apparently some kind of game or tradition to have the groom take pictures drinking with beautiful women, and they were ecstatic that we were Americans.

Kevin got a cool imprinted euro!

Myself being goofy with a statue (no surprises)

The bachelor party!

The Elector

What a beautiful view!

I love this place!

So majestic!

I love Dr. Webb!

Soon it's time to leave again, but not without gelato! Or car stalking. :) I don't know what it is, but I'm sure my friends will drool:

Om nom nom!

This car MAYBE came up to my hip.

Soon we have Jimmy back from the hospital and everyone is loaded up to go to Boppard. 

Something suspicious was going on!

Boppard!


Our room :)


After dinner we had a free evening, and could check out a fair or stroll along the promenade by the Rhein!

The fair turned out to be a beer garden (no can do!)

One of the kids rides at the beer garden.

Looks like fun that we can't have!

Kaitlyn found a pretty seashell!

Aubrey is not amused by Susan's joke.

The Rhein at sunset.


I got some nasty bug bites by the river, but nobody else did! They itch like crazy!!!!

Long and emotionally taxing day. I don't even remember falling asleep, just falling on the pillow.





No comments:

Post a Comment