Thursday, May 31, 2012

The sechs day in Germany!

May 28th, 2012 (our last day in Germany)

I feel like I should start off by recounting the foot incident, so if you hate feet for some reason then feel free to skip this paragraph, and please accept my apologies for your weird aversion to nature.

So I got bug bites two nights ago (May 26th), I was out on a small dock on the Rhein river, and got three bug bites on my right foot that itched like CRAZY. I still had them, and quite visibly, all day yesterday, but they just itched in a minor way most of the day. After the concert last night, however, my foot had a reaction in combination from the bites, the heat/sweat, and possibly irritation from rubbing again pantyhose for 3+ hours, so it swelled up to the point where I felt like I had borrowed one of Andre the Giant's feet. It was horrifying and painful. After ice and benedril, most of the swelling and pain is gone this morning, but it was still very tender and hurt to walk or stand for too long. And lot's of people commented how gross my foot looked. Thanks guys.

On a brighter note, it was our day to take a cruise on the Rhein river, which was a spectacular view much much too hot on the top deck without the canopy. Also, what morning is complete without gelato? I heard lots of amazing stories about the various castles and the legend of Loreley, the beautiful woman who caused so many ship wrecks on a dangerous river bend.

Mint chocolate chip!

This is our cruise!

My camera takes surprisingly awesome close up shots for being five years old.






After we docked at St. Goar, a little town down a ways on the Rhein, we had the option to trek up hill to visit a castle or go eat/shop in the town. Since my foot was still a bit swollen and tender I opted to go eat with friends at a restaurant that I didn't catch the name of, but they had really great food.

Vicky, Zach, Dylan, Aubrey, Maddie, and Susan

Susan did a take two with me!

Fresh cut roses on each of the tables

I got sausages and french fries (SO GOOD)

Susan and many others got the wienerschnitzel! It was also delicious!

We then set off to shop around the town, where I found LOTS of goodies, as well as great pictures inside of the different cathedrals we sang in; just please don't ask me the names because I don't remember!

Everything is just so OLD here. But it's so beautiful, pictures cannot do it justice.




I don't know what this is, but it's cool.

A shop where I spent too much money.

Another church we got to sing in.

I can't get over the ceilings. Or the reverb they create when we sing.


Mirko!

A tourist-y shop that was open, even though it's still a religious holiday (Monday of Pentecost)

I play piccolo! :)

We then got back on the bus for about a 20 minute drive back to Boppard, and we had a group dinner at the hotel restaurant, where I mostly ate potatoes and breads because I was so tired of meat! Mom would have been proud. And of course, you can't forget dessert. 



Good night to all! I hope you are enjoying these posts!

p.s. I forgot to mention that I watched about half of the German dubbed Mary Poppins on TV while I packed tonight. If you've never watched an old film you know by heart dubbed in another language, I suggest you try it. Just for kicks. It turned out to be a lot more fun that I expected.




No comments:

Post a Comment